Accreditation & Affiliation
Learn About Our Accreditation
Urbana University is a Branch Campus of Franklin University, which is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Urbana University is authorized as a Branch Campus of Franklin University by the Ohio Department of Higher Education.
For more information about Franklin University's accreditation and authorization, click here.
The School of Education at Urbana University holds probationary accreditation for its initial-level educator preparation programs through December 2021 from the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP), 1140 19th St NW, Suite 400 Washington, DC 20036 (202) 223-0077. Probationary accreditation is granted for two years when an EPP does not meet one of the CAEP Standards.
- American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing
- American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admission Officers
- Association of Independent Colleges and Universities of Ohio
- Council of Graduate Schools
- National Association of Independent Colleges
- Ohio Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
- Ohio Association of Private Colleges for Teacher Education
- Ohio Penal Education Consortium
- Ohio Foundation of Independent Colleges
- Southwestern Ohio Council for Higher Education
500 Internal Server Error
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
For more information on the academic programs at Franklin University’s Urbana University Branch Campus that may lead to professional licensure, including state licensure board contact information, please visit Urbana University’s Professional Licensure Disclosure webpage.